RMC

RMC
Summer 2016: The Forum, Los Angeles, CA (photo by David Tosti)
....<....>.............<........ posting below .´
¡¡¡¡¡ >.,"": *& £££ £££ £££ ££

Friday, July 13, 2007

Bb 12-Bar Blues

Bb 12-Bar Blues (240 bpm)


Bass Lesson: Bb 12-Bar Blues.


Changes are:
Bb7 (1 bar), Eb7 (1 bar), Bb7 (2 bars),
Eb7 (2 bars), Bb7 (1 bar),
DØ (1/2 bar), G7 (1/2 bar),
C-7 (1 bar), F7 (1 bar),
Bb7 (1/2 bar), G7 (1/2 bar),
C-7 (1/2 bar), F7 (1/2 bar)


Approaches to walking a bassline:


a. Scalar approach-moving within the scale tones, in this case Bb Mixolydian
b. Arpeggio approach-moving within the chord tones
c. Chromatic approach-moving within the scale tones with occasional chromatic tones. d. Combining approaches-using all the above. This is the approach I take in the video.

Bb 12-Bar Blues (120 bpm)






2 comments:

Angel Alaniz said...

Geez that's pretty sweet man!
I've been playing bass for a year now and i realized i don't have a..what would you say...uh..a good foundation in scales and all that jazz.
It's quite pitiful.
gotta get to work!
Hope you guys do great on letterman!
-Alaniz

Melanie said...

I think it would be a long time before I'd ever be able to do anything like that, but I am so enjoying listening you play. I've told a few people about your lessons, but not sure if they've checked it out yet or not.


Vintage Cab I used on MM debut (this is my dad's); it has two 15" Jensen speakers.