RMC

RMC
Summer 2016: The Forum, Los Angeles, CA (photo by David Tosti)
....<....>.............<........ posting below .´
¡¡¡¡¡ >.,"": *& £££ £££ £££ ££

Thursday, July 26, 2007

Bass Lesson: Slap Grooves

Here is a continuation to the last post concerning "Slap Bass." In this video, there are some slap bass grooves to practice. I play them at regular, then slower tempos. I hope you enjoy and can learn.

Please, post any questions and/or suggestions, and I'll do my best to answer and/or execute them.

Thanks for reading and watching:

http://blip.tv/mitchellcardenas/slap-bass-grooves-3316123

1 comment:

Kevin Decker said...

I'm loving the lessons Roy. Took me an hour but I learned the basic feel of this slap groove. I'm still working to get the thumb pick smooth. This is really working for me. Thanks!

I have another question that I hope is not too far off topic. On buzzgorilla you said; "Fugazi encompasses all that music ought to be, from how to run your band to how to perform a live show." This is of particular interest to me. Can you point me in the right direction of research in this area and if time allows share some of your own thoughts.
Thanks again
Kevin


Vintage Cab I used on MM debut (this is my dad's); it has two 15" Jensen speakers.